Thursday, December 4, 2008

UNCOMPLICATED

Went to the movies with my grand son EP yesterday. Had a good time. Ate some popcorn and stuff. One of those James Bond 007 movies. Car chases, crashing, bang bang, destroying everything in sight. The movie kept going back and forth between two or three different scenes. You know "multi-plotting". EP had that puzzled look on his face, so I leaned over and asked him if he knew what was going on. He said "stuffs blowing up". I knew right then that I was not the only one in the theatre that was lost.
If there is one word you could use to describe things theses days it's complicated. Movies are complicated, politics are complicated, families are complicated. I wanted to enter a contest to win $1,000,000 from Dr. Pepper. Ripped the label off the bottle to read the instructions "rocket science". The technology that is suppose to make life easier is complicated too. It takes me forever to get anywhere on the computer.
But I'm so glad that the most important thing in life is not complicated at all. Acts 19, the Phillipian jailer asked the Apostle Paul "what must I do to be saved". Paul answered, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ". The most important yet most uncomplicated thing in the world is to be saved from sin and made a child of God. Believe that Jesus is God's son, that he died on the cross for your sin, and that he rose the third day. That's all

No comments: